BRIDGEWATER, Mass. -- Bridgewater State University senior forward Chanelle Melton has been selected to play in the New England Women's Basketball Association (NEWBA) Senior All-Star Classic to be held on Saturday, March 24th at Smith College. Game time is slated for 1:00 PM
Players from around the region were nominated for the honor by their coaches and Sports Information Directors. Coaches then selected the 21 participants through a vote.
An All-MASCAC First Team selection in 2018, Melton averaged 11.1 points and 5.4 rebounds in 27 games this season. The Brockton, Massachusetts product also shot 50% (119-237) from the floor and 70% (62-89) at the free throw line.
Melton finished the year ranked second among the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) leaders in field goal percentage and tenth in both scoring and free throw shooting.
In 107 games over four full seasons at Bridgewater State, Melton accumulated 1,048 points, 510 rebounds, 116 assists, 112 steals, and 49 blocked shots. She became the 19th student-athlete in BSU women's basketball history to reach the 1,000-point milestone in a 66-56 win over Worcester State University back on February 14th.
Melton ends her outstanding career ranked third all-time in program history in games played and 15th in points.
Melton is one of just two players from the MASCAC competing in the NEWBA Senior All-Star Classic. She is joined by classmate Raegan Mulherin of Framingham State University.
The following is a list of all 21 players selected to participate in this year's game:
- Ava Adamopoulos, Springfield College
- Amanda Beatty, Castleton University
- Madison Beck, WPI
- Maddie Bledsoe, Wesleyan University
- Georgia Bourikas, Suffolk University
- Leah Douty, UMass Dartmouth
- Teagan Dunn, Roger Williams University
- Makayla Farrara, Castleton University
- Kayla Guest, University of Saint Joseph
- Chelsea Houlihan, UMass Dartmouth
- Heather King, Springfield College
- Alicia Kutil, UMass Dartmouth
- Sam MacDonald, University of New England
- Paige Marquez, Smith College
- Chanelle Melton, Bridgewater State University
- Raegan Mulherin, Framingham State University
- Mariah Nicholas, Roger Williams University
- Dorothy O’Neill, Western New England University
- Olivia Shaw, University of New England
- Destiny Spears, Newbury College
- Brittany Stone, Regis College
- Anna Walther, Roger Williams University